About Me

My photo
I've been writing since I could first hold a pencil, and by all accounts I didn't limit myself to paper. Walls, tablecloths and the occasional sibling were all fair game, and it shouldn't be surprising to learn that markers were banned in my home with all due haste. Although I now content myself with inconveniencing electrons, the desire to bring the stories in my mind to life hasn't waned. In my spare time, I read, putter in the kitchen, and relax on my terrace or at the lake, weather permitting, with my corgi who strives to be part muse, part food disposal. I'm also addicted to coffee and have a close relationship with my Keurig.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Whether we like it or not...

the weather does what it wants.

Seriously, I woke to snow today. White, powdery snow, on April 16th. The Easter bunny will have to hop to stay warm, and never mind hard boiled, the eggs will be frozen.

I'm mostly Irish, and what isn't Irish is Swedish. You'd think I'd have an affinity for cold and damp, but no. I like beaches, blue tropical water and white, white sand. I like balmy nights. I like not shivering, or having rain dripping from the tip of my nose. For me, the sight of snow this morning was akin to a knife in the heart. It was 80 degrees this weekend! (That's nearly 27 degrees for those who use Celsius, i.e., the rest of the world.) So waking up to snow was not exactly a happy thing for me.

On the bright side, I was impulse shopping yesterday and ordered mattresses, which are being delivered today. I have a perfectly good reason for staying home (and skipping the gym) while feeling quite virtuous. It's an unusual feeling, believe me. Virtue and I are not on a first name basis. But that's what the cold will do to me. It makes me behave in all sorts of uncharacteristic ways.

Rumor has it that the temperatures will climb back to 61 degrees by Saturday. I'll believe it when I see the Easter bunny put away his woolies.

No comments:

Post a Comment