About Me

My photo
I've been writing since I could first hold a pencil, and by all accounts I didn't limit myself to paper. Walls, tablecloths and the occasional sibling were all fair game, and it shouldn't be surprising to learn that markers were banned in my home with all due haste. Although I now content myself with inconveniencing electrons, the desire to bring the stories in my mind to life hasn't waned. In my spare time, I read, putter in the kitchen, and relax on my terrace or at the lake, weather permitting, with my corgi who strives to be part muse, part food disposal. I'm also addicted to coffee and have a close relationship with my Keurig.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Here we go again...

It's official, and that means I get to say it out loud: Torquere Press has accepted Ghost's Dilemma, the sequel to Ghost's Sight.

I have to admit that I'm as giddy as I was the first time around. There's something incredibly awesome about getting that email, and signing the contract. But doing it the second time brings its own realizations.

I'm a writer. I said it before I got published, because it's what I do in every moment of time I can spare, every day. My head is full of stories, and even if no one had given me the chance to see my name on the cover of a book, I'd still write. But that second acceptance is also an affirmation. I'm committed now, and I intend to keep writing, and keep submitting my writing for publication.

Oh, I'll moan when I get the comments from my editor, and I'll agonize over marketing blurbs, and cover art. But deep inside, I'm going to be giggling like a kid on their birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment