About Me

My photo
I've been writing since I could first hold a pencil, and by all accounts I didn't limit myself to paper. Walls, tablecloths and the occasional sibling were all fair game, and it shouldn't be surprising to learn that markers were banned in my home with all due haste. Although I now content myself with inconveniencing electrons, the desire to bring the stories in my mind to life hasn't waned. In my spare time, I read, putter in the kitchen, and relax on my terrace or at the lake, weather permitting, with my corgi who strives to be part muse, part food disposal. I'm also addicted to coffee and have a close relationship with my Keurig.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Emerald Keep (Persis Chronicles #2)Emerald Keep by A. Catherine Noon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed Emerald Fire, and I was eager to return to this wonderful and engrossing world. I'm very glad I did.

Teeka and Quill arrange to meet in Teeka's home city of Reghdad for the Daymonth period, when being outside is deadly. Unfortunately for the lovers, Teeka is told that his Contract with Quill is rejected, and he is to return to the Emerald Keep at once. But Teeka quickly learns that there is more here than meets the eye, and more forces against them that could not have been anticipated.

In between the suspense, we're treated to the deepening love between Teeka and Quill. We see sides of them emerging that explain a great deal about Quill's enigmatic demeanor, and Teeka's often stubborn refusal to consider consequences. They've both grown after the events of Emerald Fire, and I was pleased to see Teeka continue to mature, to learn to accept the things he could not change while never losing sight of his goal, to make a Contract with his beloved Quill.

And let's not forget the truffles. I am so in love with those youngsters!

I got the impression that this is not the last we'll see of Teeka and Quill, and I'm hoping this was more than just wishful thinking on my part. I would love to see how this all turns out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment